Wednesday, May 28, 2008

You picked a fine time to grow a pair Scott

I received a call early this morning from my dad. He wanted to let me know that a mother cat and some kittens had taken up residence at his house. He also asked me if I'd read about former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan's new book What Happened: Inside the Bush White House and Washington's Culture of Deception.

Apparently, the book confirms what most people suspect. The current administration spent most of their term in campaign mode, pursuing personal agendas at the expense of public good. Thanks a lot Scott. I'm sure the widows, widowers, fatherless, motherless, and those missing a child, fiance, cousin, or close friend due to the war and Katrina would've appreciated your candor at a much earlier juncture. Why now?

What people like Scott fail to realize is that their actions and interactions in the public arena aren't merely the details of THEIR story.

Scott's late admissions in a book that will probably make him rich demonstrates that he is just like those he castigates in his race to the top of the best-seller list.

1 comment:

Logan Felonious said...

I'm glad Scott grew them. I intend to purchase a copy when it is available <$5.

I hope it is screenplay adaptable and comes to HBO quickly.